Pet Insurance is just as much about peace of mind as it is about cash. You may pay insurance premiums for years and never make a claim. But, could you afford an expensive vet bill if your animal became sick, or was hurt?
It’s more likely that you’ll need pet insurance than you think:
- Your kitten accidently eats something that it shouldn’t , and needs her stomach pumped
- Your dog is poisoned in a house robbery and needs to be rushed to the vet
- Your puppy has hip dysplasia and needs corrective surgery
- Your cat has diabetes.
Sadly, these are some of the situations that thousands of pet parents without pet insurance have experienced, while those with pet insurance will be covered; from pet costs and saying goodbye to their little family member.
Still not convinced?
“But is pet insurance really for me?” No, it’s for your pet and to help you to financially take care of your animal:
- It’s about the unexpected, not routine check-ups. Policies that cover your standard vet visits carry higher premiums, stick to covers that handle the unexpected
- Disasters can happen at any time, can you afford that? If you think of your pet as a part of the family and don’t want to choose between a R5 000 or R10 000 vet bill. Pet cover is for you. As pets age, expensive surgeries start. Pet Insurance handles the financial consideration and helps you do what’s right for your pet, as you would for your family
- Start from day one: Pre-existing conditions are often not covered. The vast majority of dogs have problems after the age of seven. Get cover while you’re still eligible.
Ways to reduce your costs beforehand
Once you decide on pet insurance, these two things are important:
- Get your animal spayed as this will help to lower insurance costs
- Insure your pet when it’s young and healthy, as you have to disclose any existing medical issues, and this will hike up your premium.
Most Pet Insurance providers have different plan levels and options that allow for some flexibility in the premium you pay, but you should expect the actual coverage to remain the same across all plans. A good value plan will include comprehensive coverage at all levels, with the only variables being the deductible or the maximum annual coverage allowance.
So is it really worth it?
Is pet insurance really necessary? The answer is YES. Even the most devoted pet parent can’t always protect their pet from injury or illness. When you’re standing in your vet’s office with a R10 000 estimate in your hand, having Pet Insurance means that your animal can live a longer, fuller life. With the right plan in place, both you, your fur-baby, and your finances will be covered.
Fill in your details and we will provide you with quotes!
[contact-form-7 id=”5418″ title=”Pet Insurance”]